Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sunnier Days

A broken heart signals the end of immaturity, that’s what I’d like to believe. No one comes out of it the same and when we pass the “blame-game” stage we realize that in the end it just prepared us for bigger shit that’s going to happen.

You might call me pessimistic but in reality this is an optimistic approach to a struggle of a life.

The weather eased out a little this morning. Finally, some reprieve from the weather gods, but now it looks like it is getting back to normal. At least I’m indoors penning (?) this journal and not outside in the sun.

How I used to love the sun when I was a kid, and the sunniest day of all, Annual Sports Day. Even if it rained the whole week, it never rained on Sports Day until the final March-past was completed. A couple of weeks, even more, of practicing our class drills, and the ensuing after-school sports practice all culminated in this great “social” event. For me I don’t have too many memories of the latter, sports practice. I was involved in it 3 times and the last was in class 10, after a gap of 5 years. I can’t fight it anymore now; I just never was that good in sports. Add to that a family concerned more about grades than how I felt about other things, then I guess you can call it fucked-up to an extent.

Yeah, bring it on guys, I accept it. (Although I had a few memorable cricket moments)

Back to sunnier topics, how I would never mind the sun back then. No one did, as we all frolicked to our tents in our drill costumes, looking forward to the goodies offered in the stalls around the quadrangle by our very own wonderful teachers. It was a small world for me back then, spread over 24 acres and a bit of Canada.

Then after the brief sun came the rainy season, a real dampener on those cricketing aspirants, while for the footballers it only meant a slushier football [Pit]ch. Back then there wasn’t much any of us saw in the rain.

Now I’m looking forward to it.

No comments: